Sunday, November 16, 2008

Falling II

I had hoped to have news from the week just passed. I do, just not the news I'd like to have.

No, this doesn't have anything to do with the last few posts. When Bob Denver speaks I'll let you know.

Huh? Wha? Well that would be telling now wouldn't it :)

But I said I had news. Although it does have something to do with something I said recently, just not what I was talking about. In the big picture, wheels-within-wheels sense.

Remember when I said it had been several months since I had fallen? I said that last time I believe. Make that a few days :(

Wednesday I stumbled, put my hand out for support, and the door I was trying to use as that support wasn't where I thought it was.

So boom. Not really a little boom either. I wasn't telling tales when I said I know how to fall. So I managed to avoid serious injury. Took the fall 90% correctly. That last 10% I messed up pretty badly though.

I didn't mention it, but it is important not to let the momentum of the fall slam your head into the ground. Oops.

Slammed my head pretty hard. Ouch. My bad. No big deal. Didn't knock myself out or anything. Put my hand on the back of my head to scratch an itch and when I brought it down it was covered in blood. Managed to open up a gash on the back of my head when I hit the floor. A gash which required 9 stitches.

But that was the extent of my injury. Not gonna brag about that though. Apparently when I brag about things (like not falling), I'm just inviting them to happen.

No comments: