Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bang!

"Bang!" is a song by Russian (then Soviet) hair metal band Gorky Park. It received fairly decent rotation on MTV (this was 1989, before MTV became what some call 'Game Shows and Hos').

But that is more something for my music blog. The bang that concerns me here is the sound of the maintainence being done next door. Being done for at least the last THREE HOURS! Bang! Bang! Bang! Brief pause. Whirr! (A bandsaw). Bang!

It's driving me nuts. Remember how I said I took a little vacation time to relax? This isn't helping at all. Shoots my anxiety through the roof. Which makes moving around even more difficult than usual. Making it tough to walk over to the next building to drop off my rent check. Which makes me even more anxious. See the circle?

Hopefully this weekend will be better. No banging at least.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa.....

There are sooooo many tools for the anxiety.

There are soooooo many other states that your nervous system is capable of manifesting.

Joyful, confidence, content, secure, assured, rested, relaxed, amused, motivated, happy, certain, solid, resilient, satisfied, grateful, peaceful, serene, sense of achievement, easy, tolerant, satiated, restored, level, tranquil, quiet, undisturbed, dignified, royal, open-hearted, courageous, hardy, hopeful, faithful, undaunted, sure, positive......

These are states that YOUR nervous system IS capable of manifesting.


You have an amazing resource right in you bedroom.

You have access to the internet, which has all the information one needs to learn how to deal with unresourceful states.

Dave in MPLS said...

They were putting in a new door.

Right now my nervous system is manifesting 'hungry' ...