Saturday, January 6, 2007

30 songs from the 80s Day 2 (11-20)

20 - "Sunday Bloody Sunday" - U2

Specifically the live version recrded at Red Rocks.

19 - "Sex (I'm A)" - Berlin

"The Metro" is a better song, but this one really grabbed me in my early teen years.

18 - "Atomic Dog" - George Clinton

An anthemic selection for everyone looking for the mothership.

17 - "Jungle Love" - The Time

Got lots of airplay due to its Purple Rain connection, but stands up well on its own.

Three songs in a row pretty much about sex. I'll be seeing my analyist now :)

16 - "My Sharona" - The Knack

Two words: skinny ties.

15 - "If You Leave" - OMD

The 80s experience is not complete without brat pack movies, and those wouldn't be complete without their soundtracks.

14 - "Video Killed the Radio Star" - The Buggles

If a soundtrack for the 80s was made, this would be the main theme. For those of us that remember MTV being mostly music ....

13 - "Turning Japanese" - The Vapors

More skinny-tie induced goodness.

12 - "Our House" - Madness

If their house really was in the middle of their street, wouldn't it get hit by cars?

11 - "Don't You Forget About Me" - Simple Minds

Brat pack movies again. I was 16 when The Breakfast Club hit cable, and 3 of the 5 characters were, to an extent, me. And no, Claire was not one. It should be noted THERE IS NO SHERMER ILLINOIS. Thank you.

Tomorrow: Nothing but classics. Well, except for the Waitresses.

No comments: